Sunday, August 17, 2008

Happy Harmony Floral



Boy, what a stressful morning it's been! While I've been sitting by the phone waiting for updates, I got some photographing and posting done on this card I made last night.

I used that lovely paper I had gotten at Michael's recently and thought that the flower stamp and sentiment from SU Happy Harmony were just right to go with it. This card is for the Saturday sketch challenge at the OCC blog.

I used Black as my base and Always Artichoke for the green area. For the scalloped edge I punched the red dp out with a 1/2" circle punch, making enough circles to go across the length of the green. I drew a line where I wanted to line up the top edges of the circles and put a strip of mono adhesive just below that for them to stick to. Then I remembered that the red dp will not stick to mono, so I added some mono multi liquid glue to the circles and glued them along my drawn line. They were on the Always Artichoke cs when I ran it through the Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots folder.

I also ran the Anna Griffin floral paper through the Cuttlebug using the Floral Screen embossing folder this time. I then cut a strip of the red designer paper to put behind it. I glued it on using mono multi. Then I adhered the whole piece to the Always Artichoke and put some red gingham ribbon over the edges to give it a finished look.

I used the Cuttlebug again to cut out the black scallop and the white circle using the circle Nesties. I dry-embossed the edges of the white circle. I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the flowers and the sentiment for stamping.

First I colored the flower stamp with the following markers: Rose Red, Baroque Burgundy, and Ruby Red for the flowers, and Mellow Moss and Old Olive for the stems. I huffed on the stamp and stamped. I used Basic Black ink to stamp the sentiment.

I used Dimensionals behind the black scallop, the white circle and the Always Artichoke cs to pop them out.

Before putting the AA cs on the black cs I used the corner punch on the corners and added silver mini brads.

I think I covered everything. If you have any questions, please ask.

Thanks for looking!

Stamps: SU Happy Harmony

CS: Black, Always Artichoke, Anna Griffin floral (AG 024), "Starburst Translucent" by The Paper Company, White

Ink: Basic Black

Markers: Rose Red, Ruby Red, Baroque Burgundy, Mellow Moss, Old Olive

Other: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots and Floral Screen embossing folders, Nestabilities circle and scallop circle, Dimensionals, Red gingham ribbon, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Silver mini brads, Corner punch, 1/2" circle punch, 1/16" hole punch (for brads), Mono multi glue

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the instructions to your beautiful card! I saw it on splitcoast and LOVE it!! The layout and colors are so pretty. Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, this card is GORGEOUS! A perfect combination of colors, paper, ribbon, stamps --- PERFECTION!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Great color combinations and paper choice. Love the result. The ribbon finishes it off just perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you make beautiful cards, i love tihs flower card, the color and so lovley details, great !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Kim, the colours are great! Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a striking beautiful card! I am generally not a pp person but this is one of the most beautiful combos I have seen! I like very much how it is not the entire background. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete