Tuesday, June 02, 2009

I've been published! Woot!


I had sent this card in to a magazine almost 2 years ago! It was one of those deals where if you send a SASE with your card you would get your card back if they decided not to use it. I never got it back. I was just wondering the other day about this very card! Isn't that weird? And now it's published! How cool is that? The magazine just came to my house today!

This is the third time I've been published. I'm just so stoked! I need to submit more cards. I'm always so overly critical of myself and usually chicken out. But I should make myself do it! You should, too!

Stamping magazines have been changing hands and names so much lately that I'm not even sure who it was I actually submitted this to. But I'm very thankful they saw fit to use it!


If you get the August issue of Crafts 'n Things you'll find my card in the Reader Gallery on page 96.


I want to give a shout out to my stamping friends Connie Babbert and Sue Erickson who also got their cards published on this same page! Congrats, ladies!!

Have a wonderful day today, everyone!

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I've never submitted anything for publication and wouldn't know where to begin! I'm so happy for you! That has to be AWESOME seeing your work printed!

    Sue
    http://mcmahonfive.blogspot.com/
    (I'm giving away blog candy until 6/18!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Kim!!! That is so awesome! No wonder, that is one fantastic card.....great colors, awesome design, LOVE the cb layers....very clever! (Sniff! Miss you!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations, Kim on being published-your card is really cute. I like your work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Kim--you deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS, Kim! Very deserving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how exciting for you Kim!!! Congratulaions! I'll have to get a copy and have you autograph it! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, this is terrific!!! WOW!!! Two years is worth the wait to get published!!!! Beautiful card and I love the coloring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Kim!! Your work is awesome so I'm not surprised that they wanted to publish it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim!! Congrats!! I am not at all surprised that it got published! You are so incredible girl!! Love that card with the cuttlebug textures, and the colors. The black with the coral make it pop. Gorgeous Coloring too! Missing you at the breadbasket!! Have a great weekend!
    hugs and blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much everyone!!

    Linda, you're so funny!

    Chris, I miss you all, too!! Hope everyone is doing well! I will blog hop when I get back online later this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kim, that is soooooo awesome!! Congratulations on a well-deserved honor! What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. congratulations Kim! you sound like me, I am afraid my work is not good enough, so I don't try. the other thing is there seems to be so many different magazines I don't know which ones to try, KWIM? thanks for sharing your fantastic news....so joyful for you!
    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete