Saturday, June 20, 2009

Thanks Butterfly!



Good morning and Happy Saturday! I hope your day is a good one so far!

Last week when I was stamping, I felt like pulling out a favorite old set and playing. I just wanted to color some butterflies. Not that they resemble anything in nature, color-wise, but I didn't care. I just wanted to wing it. Get it? Anywhoooo.

I just stamped them randomly and then colored them. I used the Inkworx air art gun with my Basic Black marker to spritzed some color in the white areas. Once it all dried I cuttlebugged it with my old standby, Tiny Bubbles. I tell ya, that is my most used embossing folder EVER. Just love it even though I use it so much it's insane!

It's probably hard to see, but I scored 1/2" lines horizontally across the white base just for fun. I used my Scor-Pal which makes it so easy to do.

Not much else I can say about this card other than that the gems are not as green as they look in the pic. They actually match the turquoise butterfly very closely. But you can't always get things just right in a pic, right? I am learning some tricks, though, from my GIMP program (it's free, btw!) and who knows if someday I'll be able to make every card pic perfect?

Have a good one and TFL!!

Recipe

Stamps: Stampin' Up! Wonderful Wings, Stampin' Up! Many Thanks

CS: White, black, Pumpkin Pie

Inks: VersaMark, Versafine Onyx Black, Pumpkin Pie (DTPed on Pumpkin Pie CS)

Markers: Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, Taken with Teal, Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron, Really Rust, Close to Cocoa, Basic Black

Other: Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles embossing folder, Nestabilities Long Rectangles and Long Scalloped Rectangles, Scor-Pal, Inkworx air art gun, opaque white embossing powder, teal gems, black zigzag ribbon, 3D-Dots, Stamp-a-ma-jig

6 comments:

  1. This is really cool!

    I just left you a little something over on my blog to pick up!

    Sue
    http://mcmahonfive.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is a beauty, Kim! Your coloring is amazing, and the texture you've given the main panel is a very creative idea (I'm going to have to remember that!). GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness ! Another stunningly gorgeous card ! I just love it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, this is just gorgeous. Love the texture and your color combination is a knockout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is totally gorgeous, Kim! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is a beautiful card!! Love your header too BTW. :)

    ReplyDelete