Monday, September 14, 2026

Happy Happy Birthday Pear Card

Hello! I got to do a little stamping for a friend's birthday recently. The beautiful pear from the old Stampin' Up! Sun-Ripened set was my inspiration. Sometimes that's how it works. I'll see either a stamp or a piece of decorator paper or a color or some such and it will give me a jumping off point. 


In the pic below, you can see the embossing created by the Cuttlebug Birds and Swirls embossing folder on the decorator papers. It's harder to see in the pic above, so I included it. But the pic above sets the card against the background better. I hope you can put up with these silly little eccentricities of mine. 🙃

I chose some papers from the Teresa Collins Fabrications mini pad (now retired, sadly😢) to set off the pear. Since I'm low on papers from that collection (double sad 😢), I was a bit whimsical in not matching the sizes of them. I think sometimes that "needs must" is also an opportunity for inspiration! 

As usual, because I just love dimension in my cards (I'm a bit obsessed about it actually), I stamped two pear images using Mementos Tuxedo Black ink (it works well with Copic markers and won't smear), colored both similarly with Copics, and cut out parts of one to set over the other with foam tape. I went around the edges of each leaf and the pear with a black marker to get rid of the white paper edges. Really snazzes it up! 


I love getting a side shot to emphasize the dimensional view. I only did some of the leaves so it would feel more 3D-ish.


For the saying, I stamped on the Tim Holtz Distress Fossilized Amber ink pad. Then I put some Mementos Tuxedo Black ink on a sponge dauber and lightly touched over the inked stamp here and there to give it a tie-dyed look. Then I huffed on the stamp (like when you use your breath to clean your glasses) and put it to paper. Mixing the black with the yellow gave off some nice greenish hues in spots. I really liked the effect! I chose to punch holes in the black background piece around the saying. I know you can buy pre-holed dies now, but I get a lot of pleasure punching the holes manually, although it is less perfect. 


Well, that's about it. I'm working on another card from the Sun-Ripened set also. I'll post that once it's finished. Such a pretty set. I really should use it more often! Thanks for coming by! 

Stamps: SU Sun-Ripened, The Angel Company "happy happy birthday" sentiment

CS: Black, Teresa Collins "Fabrications" decorator paper, White

Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress "Fossilized Amber"

Copics: Colorless blender, 110 (Black), E35, E37, R12, R14, Y15, Y26, YG63, YG95, YR24

Other: Nestabilities Labels Two, Classic Oval - Large, Lacey Ovals, Cuttlebug Birds and Swirls embossing folder, Ticket corner punch, Foam pads, Sponge dauber, Hole punch and pad, Glass gems

No comments:

Post a Comment